pCloud (Project status: Completed)
The pCloud project was led by professor Anwitaman Datta, and it was funded for three years and a half under the A*Star Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC)'s Thematic Strategic Research Programme (TSRP) on "Data Value Chain as a Service".
In the pCloud project we investigated mathematical and algorithmic foundations for Reliable and Privacy Preserved Data Storage & Sharing in decentralized environments.
- On Trust Guided Collaboration among Cloud Service Providers, X. Liu, A. Datta, TrustCol 2010.
- Byzantine Fault Tolerance of Regenerating Codes, F. Oggier, A. Datta, P2P 2011.
- An Efficient Cacheable Secure Scalar Product Protocol for Privacy-Preserving Data Mining, D.H. Tran, W.K. Ng, H.W. Lim, DAWAK 2011.
- Towards intelligent data placement for scientific workflows in collaborative cloud environment, X. Liu, A. Datta, DataCloud 2011.
- City on the Sky: Extending XACML for Flexible, Secure Data Sharing on the Cloud, A. Dinh, W. Wenqiang, A. Datta, J. Grid Computing, 2012.
- Cloud and the City: Facilitating Flexible Access Control over Data Streams, W. Wenqiang, A. Dinh, H.B. Lim, A. Datta, SDM@VLDB 2012.
- SWAT: Social Web Application for Team Recommendation, S. Braghin, J. Tan, A. Ventreseque, A. Datta, ICPADS 2012 workshops.
- Smart Traffic Cloud: An Infrastructure for Traffic Applications, W. Wenqiang, X. Zhang, J. Zhang, H.B. Lim, ICPADS 2012 workshops.
- The Blind Enforcer: On Fine-Grained Access Control Enforcement on Untrusted Clouds, A. Dinh, A. Datta, Data Engineering Bulletin, 2012.
- Trust beyond reputation: A computational trust model based on stereotypes, X. Liu, A. Datta, K. Rzadca, J. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2012.
- In-network redundancy generation for opportunistic speedup of data backup, L. Pamies-Juarez, A. Datta, F. Oggier, J. Future Generation Computer Systems, 2013.
- A generic trust framework for large-scale open systems using machine learning, X. Liu, G. Tredan, A. Datta, J. Computational Intelligence, 2013.
- How to Build a Framework for Organization-Oriented Social Networking --- Federated Social Network, S. Braghin, J. Tan, A. Datta, Hakin9 (Security Magazine), 2013.
- Mosco: A Privacy-Aware Middleware for Mobile Social Computing, A. Dinh, M. Ganjoo, S. Braghin, A. Datta, Journal of Systems and Software, 2013.
- RapidRAID: Pipelined Erasure Codes for Fast Data Archival in Distributed Storage Systems, L. Pamies-Juarez, A. Datta, F. Oggier, Infocom 2013.
- Storage Codes: Managing Big Data with Small Overheads, A. Datta, F. Oggier, Netcod 2013.
- CORE: Cross-Object Redundancy for Efficient Data Repair in Storage Systems, K.S. Esmaili, L. Pamies-Juarez, A. Datta, BigData 2013.
- Towards secure outsourcing of collaborative sensing and analytic applications to the cloud - the pCloud approach, A. Dinh, A. Datta, MCS@Middleware 2013.
- InterCloud RAIDer: A Do-It-Yourself Multi-cloud Private Data Backup System, C.W. Ling, A. Datta, ICDCN 2014. (awarded best paper in the networking track)
- Streamforce: Outsourcing Access Control Enforcement for Stream Data to the Clouds, A. Dinh, A. Datta, CODASPY 2014.